Monday 19 March 2012

Some pictures

This was literally a week ago. Us at the big park next to the dog park, learning to make an non-event of dogs. She is PERFECT at ignoring dogs behind the fence about 50 meters away. Seeing a dog move about outside is another story. But the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step, so I am patient, and I am willing to continue working. 

 
This was also last week, our first warm day after winter I think. We were playing at the closest patch of green grass outside a really nice row of townhouses. She is strung onto all the leashes I own to give her the closest experience to "off leash" so she could play with her ball and be a dog on a thin THIN patch of grass. There were lots of people passing by 10 meters away, so that adds a bit more value to our time as well.

 

Her sleeping pose hasn't changed much from her first day home. They're all sprawled out and unlady-like. I love them. :D 
 
This was from 2 days ago. It's a 10 minute brisk walk each way from my house to this field. We took some time to just relax here so she can look at the people. Puppy gets excited when joggers are near by, so I thought seeing masses of people practicing on sports teams can make jogging less exciting for her. She's looks so different in these pictures...kinda buttheaded, kinda silly, but much older. Her usual picture-taking pose is a sad, soulful look. My trainer says she knows how to play the game well to illicit sympathy, extra treats, and untimely petting. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment