Sunday 5 February 2012

In Celebration

I think Pupper might be growing up. Either that, or the Lysol she licked yesterday really did a number on her.

It's been two days since she last bit my shoes or pant legs on our walks. This was the dog, who to my great embarrassment, had to be DRAGGED across the street while her sharp little puppy teeth clung stubbornly to my pant legs or boot rims. I don't want to jinx it by putting it into words and sharing with the world-wide web. I don't really want to think too much about it. I'm terrified that I'll wake up tomorrow, go on a walk, and be nipped and herded like a sheep again. I'm especially terrified because I don't even know which one of the many things I did got through to her, so replicating this result might be impossible. Bah.

She also has been improving SO much on her loose-leash walking. She almost entirely maintained a loose-leash during our one hour evening walk today.

I wanted to put her progress into words and celebrate them while she is still a wee puppy. I wish desperately every day for her to grow up, to calm down, and to be trained. But these past two days, the change was so sudden that I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

For mental stimulation we:

Trained off-leash heel 2 or 3 times this morning with a ball at the tennis court
Fed 2 cups of kibble in a treat-dispensing ball
Walked downtown and into a bookstore for the first time
Went to some sort of sporting event on campus with lots of running and shouting

Here's a photo from this morning's walk.

1 comment: