Sunday 5 February 2012

Story to Date

Pupper came home on December 15th, 2011. Since then, I've become completely sympathetic towards teenage moms. Yes, we did bring this upon ourselves, we BEGGED for the puppy/baby when no one else thought it was a good idea. But...my god is it difficult.

Pupper before she came home. 


Pupper with me during the winter holidays.


Pupper yesterday:



Her life from the day she came home until the blog started:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/173010-its-hard-life-amaretto.html

Recent training and socialization updates:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/development-socialization/175545-daily-enrichment-log-amaretto.html

6 comments:

  1. Love her color and angulation. You have a great pup! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aish!
      She is definitely a head-turner. I get many oh's and ah's on my walks.

      Delete
  2. She's huge now!!! That's not a puppy! :P

    I'm glad you are more use to the day-to-day life of being a teenage "mom"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's still a baby. We went to the lake for the first time yesterday. OH MY GOD, what a cutey. She LOVED the lake and desperately wanted to be near it, but was a bit startled at first every time there was a wave. So she'd wag her tail and jump near the shore line, and then BOUNCE back really quickly when the wave came. This is clearly a puppy.

      Also, attention span of a goldfish.

      But she is growing up and getting quite big. Maybe for tomorrow's walk I'll walk her to my vet's for a weigh-in.

      Delete
    2. You are doing so well with her! Your dedication to her well-being is admirable. I can't think of a better socialized pup! I know you sometimes have a tough time, but hang in there. You're doing great! She couldn't ask for a better home :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you Aish. That really means a lot to me coming from you. I'm ALWAYS worried that living in a university town and not having a car, pupper would grow up in a very simple environment.

      I feel pretty comfortable now with her environmental socialization, whether it be different surfaces or places. I'm more worried about her socialization with other animals and people. But I guess that'll come slowly.

      Delete